SHAREAfrica Zambia (SAZ) is a ‘not for profit’ organisation, limited by guarantee and registered as a legal entity in Zambia. The business comprises both charitable and profitable activities, with the aim of being fully self sustaining. The board of directors are committed to investing in activities that will create non-discriminatory opportunities for the less advantaged. The companies ethos is based on the Christian values set out in the New Testament.
To assist fellow Christians and others living in impoverished circumstances in Zambia by implementing initiatives that will reduce poverty through increased productivity and sustained growth in earnings.
The scale of poverty affecting a cross section of the population in Zambia is well recognised. Opportunities are limited due to lack of investment in infrastructure, skills, resources and markets. SAZ, therefore, invests in activities aimed at improving productivity in areas where people are most vulnerable.
- Creating employment
- Improving life-skills
- Growing productivity
- Protecting the environment
- Embedding Christian principles within the workspace
- Seed – Producing certified seed
- Farming – Supporting subsistence farmers
- Food Processing – Making fortified foods
- Education – Supporting vulnerable children
- Further Education – Supplementary benefits